SIUE Cougars (5-8, 1-1 OVC)
vs. Southeast Missouri Redhawks (4-12, 0-5 OVC)
Sat., Jan. 15, 1 p.m. CT
Edwardsville, Ill. (First Community Arena)
WE BACK PAT
The Pat Summitt Foundation was founded to help find a cure for Alzheimer’s so that one day no family has to hear that a loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 the Sound (Randy Moehlman)
Live Stats: SIUEStats.com
All-Time Series: SEMO leads 28-16
First Meeting: Dec. 13, 2008
Result: L, 77-53 at Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Last Meeting: Feb. 27, 2021
Result: L, 63-52 at Edwardsville, Ill.
Current Series Streak: SEMO W7
• Allie Troeckler scored exactly the number of points she needed (16) to become a 1,000-point scorer at SIUE in the win Jan. 1 at UT Martin.
• Gabby Nikitinaite recorded her 1,000th career point vs. Belmont (Dec. 30). She now has 1,017 points after previously playing for Northern Illinois and George Washington.
• Freshman Sofie Lowis started the last two games for the Cougars and has averaged 5.5 points per game. She had a season-best three steals at UT Martin. Lowis was a +14 in plus/minus against the Skyhawks.
• Prima Chellis was named the Ohio Valley Conference Co-Player of the Week (12/28) after her 17-point, eight-rebound performance off the bench against Arkansas State in the final nonconference game of the season.
• Nikitinaite was named the Ohio Valley Conference Player and Newcomer of the Week (12/14) after a 27-point performance against Illinois State. That matched her career high in scoring.
• Nikitinaite has been named the Newcomer of the Week twice. SIUE’s Jaida Hampton was named OVC Newcomer of the Week (11/30).
• Sara Majorosova scored a season-best six points on a pair of three-pointers off the bench against UT Martin (1/1).
• Mikayla Kinnard leads the team in assists (41).
• After missing three games, the Cougars are now fourth in the OVC in free throws made (193) and attempted (272) and still are 61st and 62nd, respectively on the national list.
• SIUE is second (45th nationally) in the OVC in turnovers forced per game (20.15) and second in the OVC in assists per game (15.2).
• Nikitinaite is 52nd nationally and second in the OVC in free throw percentage (84.6 percent).