August 2, 2023Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Seated left to right – Addison Middleton, Abby Brey, Tammy Le, Mary Dirnberger, Kailey Bell, Julia Mirgaux, Emily Heberlie and Keely Felts
Back row, standing, left to right: Anita Williams, Mathew Woodfin, Sam Russo, Ashley Wheeler, Emma Shields, Logan Lemons, Grace Walter, Emily Landewee and Emily Smith
Saint Francis Foundation and the Saint Francis Auxiliary honored 23 scholarship recipients at a recognition luncheon on Friday, July 28.
Twenty-three scholarships were awarded with each student receiving $2,000 in scholarship funds toward a degree in a healthcare-related profession. Those recipients and their scholarships include:
- Klara Beel of Marble Hill – Lee George and Katherine Jane Cochran Memorial Scholarship
- Kailey Bell of Cape Girardeau – Sisters of Saint Francis Nursing Scholarship
- Shannon Beussink of Cape Girardeau – Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
- Abby Brey of Jackson – Edythe M. Davis Scholarship
- Mary Dirnberger of Cape Girardeau – Ken Hayden Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- Keely Felts of Jackson – Lucy Ellen Towse Memorial Scholarship
- Brendan Gross of Jackson – Susan Kluesner-Hinkebein Memorial Scholarship
- Emily Heberlie of Farmington – Raymond A. and Lillian K. Ritter Scholarship
- Emily Landewee of Chaffee – Joseph and Harriette Hunter McCrate Scholarship
- Tammy Le of Cape Girardeau – Bess Estes Healthcare Scholarship
- Logan Lemons of Zalma – Christen Joyel Aufdenberg Memorial Scholarship
- Collin McMahon of Cape Girardeau – Bernadean Campbell Memorial Scholarship
- Addison Middleton of Cape Girardeau – Huttegger-Scherer Memorial Scholarship
- Julia Mirgaux of Scott City – Mark F. Scully Nursing Scholarship
- Sam Russo of Cape Girardeau – Earl Jr. and Lori Wills Memorial Scholarship
- Jade Samanta of Cape Girardeau – Saint Francis Auxiliary Physician Honor Scholarship
- Emma Shields of Jackson – Saint Francis Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship
- Emily Smith of Cape Girardeau – Carrie Suedekum Memorial Scholarship
- Tra Statler of Jackson – Saint Francis Auxiliary 125th Anniversary Scholarship
- Grace Walter of Evansville, IL – Mamie Hall Memorial Scholarship
- Ashley Wheeler of Cape Girardeau – Saint Francis Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship
- Anita Williams of Poplar Bluff – Clara D. Newnam Memorial Scholarship
- Matthew Woodfin of Marble Hill – Evalyn and S. David Nunley Scholarship
Scholarship recipients must have completed at least one year in an accredited healthcare program and be currently enrolled, maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA and complete the application and essay requirements by the scheduled deadline. They must also reside within the Saint Francis service area as defined in the application.
The Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program was established in 1980. Saint Francis Foundation, Saint Francis Auxiliary and generous donors fund the program. Since its inception, the program has provided more than $839,000 in education scholarships to college students to encourage participation in professional healthcare careers.
For more information about the Saint Francis Healthcare Scholarship Program, call 573-331-3192 or visit foundation.sfmc.net.